Sunday, September 9, 2007

Spanish Food Recipes-Cuban



Cuban food differs from many other Spanish food recipes in some subtle but important ways.Cuban cuisine is a combination of Spanish, African and Caribbean cuisine. Cuban recipes share spices and techniques with Spanish and African cooking, with some influence in spice and flavor from other Caribbean islands. A small Chinese influence can also be accounted for, mainly in the Havana area.
Eastern Cuban cuisine forms the basis of Criollo cooking ( Criollo stands for "creole"), which shares a great deal of recipes with other Caribbean cuisines, but has the main difference of not using peppers.
Typically a meal would consist of rice and beans usually cooked together, and a main course consisting of mainly pork or beef. Meat is usually served in light sauces. The most popular sauce, used to accompany roasted pork, and the viandas, is Mojo , made with oil, garlic, onion and lime juice. Boliche is a beef roast, stuffed with chorizo sausage. Ropa Vieja is beef simmered in Criollo sauce with peas until it falls apart. A vianda or root vegetable, such as yuca, malanga, and potato are also prepared. Plantains, unripe bananas,corn and salad are also common to the Cuban meal.
Cubans make simple desserts made mainly with fruit and sugar, such as dulce de coco (ground coconut flesh boiled with sugar) or casquitos de guayaba (guava flesh boiled with sugar). Guava paste (made with guava, sugar and gelatin) is Cuba's most popular desserts. Most Criollo desserts are very, very sweet and this has established the custom of eating these desserts along with salted cheese or cream cheese, that help to offset the sweetness of these dishes. Other common ingredients in Criollo desserts are cinnamon, lime and vanilla. More Cuban Food.

For further Spanish recipes click here

29 comments:

Mark said...

Good Job!
http://youthsoccerdrills.blogetery.com/

Unknown said...

Studies have shown that the most important time of the day may be the time taken to sit down to an uninterrupted meal. It could be a meal with friends and family or just some time too ourselves.

The benefits of sitting down to a meal are important in any relationship. It seems to open the channels of communication - making friendships stronger.
Food Grade Warehousing

Murthy said...

this post benefits for home makers and house wives. because they make variety of recipes.

Unknown said...

I like Spanish food because its not only delicious in eating but also very beneficial for health.So i am glad to got the link for Spanish food .
Kayak

Unknown said...

Wow!
What a great article.Thanks for the link .I am fond of Spanish food so this link will be beneficial for me .

Big Fish Games

Unknown said...

Good to read that Cuban cuisine is a combination of Spanish, African and Caribbean cuisine.I'll try.

Basketball Games

Unknown said...

Many thanks for this useful link.I am glad to got this link.

Underwater Camera

Unknown said...

Great post,
More than my expectations.I am really glad to got this link.

nfl draft

Ben said...

Sounds yummmy... would like to get the taste of it.

Minnesota Lawyer Firm

Unknown said...

Thanks for the interesting post! I enjoyed reading it. I adore Spanish food and will try out some of the recipes you've posted elsewhere on your blog.

Stop Snoring Naturally

Drew said...

Great recipe. I feel like a drug addict after I eat this and I'm on the couch drooling all over myself.

Unknown said...

All those flavours you mentioned have made my mouth water. I wish you would share some more recipes with us. I just started my first site and now I have something to go with my Tortilla RecipeThank you!

Anonymous said...

Great recipe ! I love spanish food.

Medical Jobs Australia

WahmHappyLiving said...

Spanish food is great. I can give you a little acid reflux.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this post including its list.I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog.It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really belive you will do much better in the future.Goa Tour.

Unknown said...

I like Spanish food because its not only delicious in eating but also very beneficial for health.

car hire italy

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading it. I adore Spanish food and will try out some of the recipes you've posted elsewhere on your blog.

car hire Adelaide Airport

Unknown said...

It could be a meal with friends and family or just some time too ourselves.

car hire Bergerac Airport

joseph Mancia said...

WOW! Your just full of Spanish Recipes, I have not had much cuban food but you make it sound so tasteful. I will be trying your recipe for the holidays.

Unknown said...

I wish you would share some more recipes with us. I just started my first site and now

Unknown said...




Great I love Spanish and Cuban food especially in the winter time
FAST car Hire

Unknown said...

The benefits of sitting down to a meal are important in any relationship. It seems to open the channels of communication

rachel

Unknown said...

I'll try the recipe.
thank you for the recipe.
cook

Eamonn said...

Nice post and will try and cook that one tonight

FASTCarhire

Unknown said...

Great post. Many people think of Latin America as having homogeneous foods across different regions. This post on Cuban cuisine shows there are definite variances that people may not realize.

Minnesota Bankruptcy

Rooster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rooster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rooster said...

Love all food but have a sift spot for Spanish tapas , last time I toured Spain in a camper van courtesy of http://www.rvrentacampervan.com/destinations/spain/

MotorHome Van hire in Spain

October 15, 2011 9:30 PM

boulevardsg said...

The Spanish food recipes shown here by you are simple to follow. The article has been very interesting to read
best bars to host Corporate Gatherings Singapore